An article in regards to the increasing obesity in England, with more then one in three children being too fat by age 11.
Obesity crisis in schools: How one child in three is too fat by the age of 11
- NHS data reveals 19 per cent of Year 6 children obese
- London has highest proportion of obese children
- Obesity more common in towns and cities than rural areas
- One child in three is overweight when they leave primary school at the age of 11
- Almost a fifth are classed as obese, meaning they are so fat they risk knocking years off their lives.
- Experts warn that many of these youngsters will stay fat for the rest of their lives, putting them at greater risk of heart disease, diabetes and other serious illnesses.
- 33.4 per cent of children in Year 6, the final year of primary school, are overweight or obese.